Breakfast & After School Club
We hope that you find the information below helpful. We have tried to cover any queries that you may have but if not please either ask a member of the Bungalow staff or ring the school office who will be more than happy to help you.
- The breakfast club runs from 7.30 a.m. to 8.40 a.m. Monday to Friday during term time (excluding Teacher Development Days and other school closures).
- The After school club runs from 3.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday during term time (excluding Teacher Development Days and other school closures).
- We cater for all children within our school.
- To avoid disappointment parents must book their children directly at the school office. If the Bungalow staff/ child ratio is too great children not booked may not be offered a place. In these cases parents will be contacted to make alternative arrangements for their child’s care.
- Breakfast is provided as part of the service – each child will be offered a healthy balanced breakfast e.g. toast, bagels, bacon sandwiches, cereal, juice, milk or water.
- A light tea is provided as part of the service at after school club, the menu includes freshly prepared sandwiches, smoothies, pizza, fruits and tuna pasta.
- Children are offered a range of activities including games, reading, art and ICT.
- We provide a safe and secure environment.
- Staff ensure that children are either sent to their classes at the start of the day
or a taken to the bungalow at the end of school.
- A high level of care will be given to enable children to gain confidence and
learn new skills.
Why run a Breakfast Club and After School Club?
Breakfast and After school clubs can provide a combination of early morning and after school childcare, a healthy breakfast or tea and an opportunity for your child to engage in social activities.
Breakfast can be the most important meal of the day. Many children often miss their breakfast and resort to snacking on unhealthy food. Breakfast is an ideal opportunity to encourage healthy eating in the context of a healthy balanced meal.
If you would like to book a place at our Breakfast Club, click on the link below and return the form to the Breakfast Club prior to your child starting.
We are committed to Equal Opportunities and all children are invited to attend the Breakfast Club and After School Club.
A Play Leader and Assistant Play Leader staff the Breakfast and After School Club,
all our staff will all have undergone a CRB check.
Invoices are completed using information entered into a register when a child arrives at The Bungalow. Our fees are as follows:
The Breakfast Club operates from 7.30am until 8.40am.
[table “” not found /]
The After School Club operates from 3pm until 5.30pm. Fees are based on half hourly or hourly sessions as shown below.
[table “” not found /]
Invoices will be sent to parents directly via the school within 7 days of the last day of the previous month. Invoices are from the first to the last day of the month inclusive unless otherwise stated on the invoice. Breakfast and After School Club invoices will be separate to avoid misunderstandings. All invoices will include dates and times of when a child has attended clubs and the price charged for that session. Invoices should be paid within 30 days from receipt to the school office. Individuals experiencing difficulties with their invoices should speak to the school admin staff.
Failure to meet payments within the agreed terms may result in the place/s being withdrawn.
Cancellations must be made before 12 o’clock the day the child is booked in for. A cancellation fee of £1.00 will be charged if a child booked for a club does not arrive, as staff can spend time searching for these children.
We understand that occasionally the person collecting a child may be delayed. The time a child leaves The Bungalow is always recorded and invoices will be based on these times. The Bungalow only operates until 5.30pm. A late collection fee of £5 every 15 minutes will incur after 5.30pm to cover staffing costs.
Equal opportunities will be provided for all children regardless of gender, race, Religion or special needs.
Health and Safety
The club will adhere to the Health and Safety Policy of the school to provide and maintain a safe, healthy and welcoming working environment for everyone using the school premises, whether it be staff, pupils, parents, visitors or contractors. We are a non-smoking school.
The club will promote the welfare of all children in line with the school’s child protection policy.
We will work hard to provide an excellent service for your child. Should you be unhappy about any part of our service please speak to a member of staff and we will resolve it as soon as possible.
Our policies are available on the school website or from the school office on request.
- Equal Opportunities
- Child Protection
- Health and Safety