Education Strategy Partnership (ESP)
Who we are:
The Education Strategy Partnership (ESP) is a group of 10 local schools who work collaboratively in the best interests of students in the Swindon area. We are committed to improving learning outcomes for over 3000 students on roll in the 10 schools, across all educational phases.
Currently the ESP comprises:
- Commonweal Secondary
- Highworth Warneford Secondary
- Westrop Primary
- Lethbridge Primary
- Robert Le Kyng Primary
- King William Street Primary
- Croft Playgroup
- CENTRAL RLK Playgroup
- King William Street Playgroup
- Clifton Street Playgroup
The ESP was formed in September 2017 and by engaging only in activity which is high on impact, and operating in a spirit of trust and transparency, we believe it is:
- LOW ON COSTS
- LOW ON RISKS
- HIGH ON REWARDS
There is very little in the way of formalised bureaucracy or superfluous administration and the only financial outlay for each of the schools is a modest contribution to the costs of an Education Strategy Partner. The Partner is responsible for co-ordinating, planning, recording and celebrating the annual programme of activity.
What we do:
The core business of the ESP focuses on strategies to improve teaching and learning, but we recognise that to achieve this the well-being of the whole school needs to be nurtured. Thus, there is a good deal of CPD work related to supporting other key stakeholders to directly impact on outcomes.
Current projects include:
- Teaching and Learning: Transition Projects in Years 0 – 1 & 6 – 7; EAL; Classroom practice; Ofsted readiness
- Leadership and Management: Emerging Leaders courses; Support for new Heads/Chairs of Governors; SLT support; regular meetings of Phase Heads; Performance Management reviews
- Governance; Induction of new governors; regular Chairs of governor meetings; reviews of governance; bespoke governor business training (Eg : finance; safeguarding; clerking)
- SEND: regular ESP SENCO meetings
- Business Managers: regular meetings to focus on support, optimal savings and improved infrastructures
- Bespoke support in response to needs identified by the group
What we are not…
We are not a Multi-Academy Trust.